We are currently seeking a highly qualified lawyer to join our Brand Integrity group as Senior Counsel within the Law Department of Altria Client Services in Richmond, Virginia.
The Brand Integrity group seeks to protect Altria operating company tobacco products from illicit trade by protecting the trade channels through which that product is distributed. Brand Integrity dedicates resources to, among other things, marketplace monitoring; maintaining a system to monitor compliance with and address violations of the terms of tobacco operating company trade program agreements and policies; supporting law enforcement and regulatory agencies addressing the distribution and sale of illicit tobacco products; investigating those involved in importing and selling illicit tobacco products; shaping policy, legislation and regulation to improve the enforcement environment against contraband tobacco; and implementing security features on tobacco operating company products so that they can be distinguished from counterfeits.
The successful candidate for Senior Counsel, Brand Integrity, will serve as the primary law support for all aspects of Brand Integrity.
Specific accountabilities include:
* Understanding and enforcing brand integrity compliance provisions of tobacco operating company trade program agreements, and collaborating with others within the Law Department on issues arising from such agreements
* Providing relevant training to the Altria Group Distribution Company Field Sales Force and other stakeholders on brand integrity-related provisions of operating company trade program agreements
* Coordinating and reviewing responses to government agency requests for information to assist such agencies in combatting the illicit trade in tobacco products
* Collaborating with the investigative team within Brand Integrity and reviewing all investigative vendor agreements, reports, purchase order requests, and addressing any other investigation-related legal issues
* Provide strategic analysis and direction on the impact of regulations dealing with the illicit trade in tobacco products
* Analyzing and resolving a host of legal issues relating to combatting the illicit trade in tobacco products
* Juris doctor with a minimum of 5-7 years of legal experience; preferably within a corporate legal department
* Strong legal and business judgment
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Dedicated and creative problem solver
* Ability to grasp and analyze complex issues and communicate legal advice to a variety of stakeholders
* Demonstrated ability to earn respect among the client base, both direct and indirect, and counsel senior management
Become Part of Altria: Learn how our employee goal is to develop high performing and engaged employees who will help us tackle big challenges and continue to deliver superior results in the future at Our Employees.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs. Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: