Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Use knowledge of legal concepts and procedure and may conduct legal research, prepare or assemble documents, and conduct interviews with business partners or employees. Maintain electronic records and files, monitor case/project schedules and filing deadlines, and prepare pertinent legal documents and correspondence for attorneys' review and approval. May monitor, review, and prepare transactional/contract documents for attorney review and approval. May prepare summaries or statistical analyses of documentary evidence or of data relevant to cases/projects at hand. May advance preparations for project/legal proceedings as directed by responsible attorneys. Incumbent must be able to operate with independence, discretion, and judgment.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Identify complex business and legal issues and propose solutions.
- May prepare or assemble complex transactional/legal documents using knowledge of legal/business concepts and procedures.
- Review non-standard documents. •Conduct complex research for use by assigned attorneys. Coordinate reviews by subject matter experts.
- May collect, prepare, and review documents/information related to business transactions, litigation, or other requests.
- Maintain contact with business units, outside counsel, regulatory agency staff, and/or other external stakeholders. Collaborate in implementing solutions. Track matters to completion.
- May review and monitor litigation, legislation, and/or industry related communications relevant to Fannie Mae.
- Perform a lead role in performing special projects.
- Provide guidance and support to less experienced paralegal staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required.
- 6+ years of related experience.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Significant experience working in one or more of commercial real estate, real estate lending, contracts, corporate transactions and partnership law. Knowledge of the secondary mortgage market and servicing practices is a strong plus. Experience reviewing communications and marketing materials is also a plus.
- Ability to draft standard contracts, contract amendments, and legal communications for attorney review.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and quickly, while managing priorities and deadlines for multiple practice areas and clients.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with internal and external parties and be able to adapt style for target audience.
- Experience managing outside counsel relationships and monitoring legal budgets. •Must value collaboration.
- Seeking individual who questions the way it's always been done and is eager to learn new practice areas, is technically savvy, and open to new ways of working.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.