Wyndham Vacation Ownership is currently seeking an experienced Litigation Attorney to join its legal team. This position requires strong leadership skills and the knowledge and judgment to interact effectively with senior management of the company on issues that may have significant impact on the Company. Additionally, the successful candidate must have practical litigation experience and experience in related areas sufficient to independently lead investigations, evaluate claims asserted against the company, select and supervise outside counsel, develop overall case strategy, and provide advice to Company executives. This includes the ability to identify areas of risk and develop and execute strategies to mitigate such risks and protect the Company from potential claims and liability.
The position also may require overseeing responses to subpoenas and overseeing outside litigation, including but not limited to responding to discovery demands, attending depositions and/or trials, and resolving cases. The position will include providing regular reports to senior management regarding the status of litigation and related matters. Overall, the position requires someone who can operate in a fast paced environment and handle a large caseload.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience of legal experience in the litigation area, preferably with a well-established law firm and/or corporate legal department
- Strong management and leadership capabilities
- Exceptional judgment and critical thinking
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, and leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; acute attention to detail.
- Experience managing attorneys and/or staff.
- First or second chair trial and arbitration experience is preferred. Plus factors include vacation ownership or hospitality industry experience, international law experience and proficiency in Spanish.
- J.D. with a record of high academic achievement in the undergraduate level and in law school preferred; member of at least one state bar.
Envision your career with one of the world's largest hospitality companies. Wyndham Vacation Ownership, a member of Wyndham Worldwide’s (NYSE: WYN) family of companies, is the world’s largest vacation ownership business, as measured by the number of vacation ownership resorts, individual vacation ownership units and owners of vacation ownership interests. Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, the company develops and operates an expansive portfolio of resorts, managing comprehensive vacation ownership sales, marketing, and consumer financing operations. The company’s seven primary consumer brands include: CLUB WYNDHAM®, WorldMark® by Wyndham, CLUB WYNDHAM® ASIA, WorldMark South Pacific Club by Wyndham, Shell Vacations Club, Margaritaville Vacation Club® by Wyndham and WYNDHAM CLUB BRASILSM. As of December 31, 2016, the company has developed or acquired 219 vacation ownership resorts in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, South America and the South Pacific that represent approximately 25,000 individual vacation ownership units and nearly 900,000 owners of vacation ownership interests. Wyndham Vacation Ownership is supported by approximately 18,000 associates worldwide.
As one of FORTUNE Magazine's Most Admired Companies, Wyndham Worldwide is one family, one team of professionals who actively strive to provide our customers and each other with our signature Count On Me! Service promise. A promise to be responsive to needs, to be respectful in every way and deliver a great experience. It's more than a promise, at Wyndham it's been recognized as a commitment, visible in our awards including Newsweek's 100 Greenest Companies, Diversity Inc's 25 Noteworthy Companies and Ethisphere Institute Lists of the World's Most Ethical Companies amongst others. Come and join our Wyndham Family and discover the rewards for your career.
A career at Wyndham offers you great benefit opportunities with a competitive package of salary and bonus, benefits and recognition. In addition to great employee discounts on such travel related areas as hotel & lodging, car rentals & other goods & services, you will receive:
- Medical/dental and vision care plans
- A 401(k) program that matches dollar for dollar up to 6% of salary (to government max)
- Programs that include Flexible Spending Accounts, short & long term disability, life insurance & educational assistance amongst others
Along the way, you will have an opportunity to contribute to improving the world around us through our volunteer efforts and global sustainability program, Wyndham Green.
Come and be part of One Family, One Team, One Company . . . Wyndham
People Make the Difference