TITLE OF POSITION: Director of Institutional Equity and Compliance/Title IX Coordinator, 504 Compliance Officer
DEPARTMENT: Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance
• Knowledge and understanding of the following laws to ensure University compliance: Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Violence Against Women Act, Section 129-b of New York State Education Law, and other federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and requirements for both students and employees
• Prepare, implement, and coordinate University-wide strategic efforts aimed at the prevention of sexual violence and other forms of sex and/or gender-based discrimination and all forms of discrimination, including the monitoring, revising, and updating of relevant policies and procedures for the entire University
• Develop informational and educational materials for distribution to various parts of the University community
• Develop a structured, metric-based training plan for all members of the University community; conduct or oversee training; monitor and analyze the effectiveness of training efforts
• Supervise other professional staff in the Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance
• Collaborate with other University stakeholders, including the Office of Legal Counsel, the Chief Diversity Officer, the Office of Human Resource Management, the Office of Public Safety, the Office of Student Affairs, and the Office of Disability Services
• Manage intake, investigation, and resolution of all instances of discrimination, sexual misconduct, and retaliation; maintain records of investigations and outcomes; coordinate with Deputy Title IX Coordinators
• Provide guidance to the Office of Disability Services to ensure compliance; investigate and resolve allegations of discrimination based upon disability
• Prepare reports and analyses for members of the Administration on the University’s nondiscrimination and enforcement programs
• Coordinate the University’s compliance efforts for all required government reports, audits and information requests.
• Coordinate implementation of compliance related agreements
• Work with the Department of Athletics with respect to Title IX and the development of action plans to enhance diversity of students, coaches and other personnel involved in athletics, club teams and physical fitness
• Report to the Vice President for Administration and serve on appropriate committees
• Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
• Law degree strongly preferred
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience investigating and resolving Title IX and discrimination complaints and conducting training on Title IX and discrimination issues.
• Strong preference for experience in higher education or similar nonprofit organization
• Familiarity with federal, state and local laws and regulations and agency enforcement procedures
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills including ability to interact and work with a wide variety of University stakeholders
• Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
• Commitment to serving a diverse student and employee population with cultural competence and sensitivity, and a thorough understanding and commitment to the mission of Fordham as the Jesuit University of New York
STARTING DATE: ASAP
SEND LETTER AND RESUME: Deborah Adwokat, Senior Manager Staffing and Training Development; email@example.com
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds. Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer.