Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Law and Director of the Clinic for Law and Entrepreneurship
Posting Number: 2018542F
Position Type: Faculty
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: full-time/12-months
Department: 241-Law School Instruction
Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law seeks an outstanding lawyer-educator to direct and teach its Clinic for Law and Entrepreneurship. The Clinic provides direct representation to entrepreneurs, businesses, and social ventures from the Philadelphia region. The Director will be a full-time, 12-month, continuing non-tenure track (governed by ABA Standard 405 ( c ) member of the faculty.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect, and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Teach clinic classes focused on lawyering skills, professional development, and ethical practice, employing clinical teaching methods.
• Supervise all aspects of student practice, employing clinical teaching pedagogy in the Clinic for Law and Entrepreneurship.
• Oversee all aspects of administration of the Clinic for Law and Entrepreneurship, including but not limited to conducting outreach to clients, ing matters, reporting to funding sources, and maintaining files.
• JD required.
• Pennsylvania bar membership (or an ability to waive into the Pennsylvania bar) is required.
• An understanding of, and commitment to, clinical teaching methodology is required.
• Relevant legal practice experience, including experience in transactional practice, is required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
• Excellent clinical teaching ability or experience, including an ability to work both collaboratively and independently and a demonstrated interest in and aptitude for student supervision and teaching, is required.
• Expertise in substantive areas of law relevant to representing and advising start-up, non-profit, and other entrepreneurial ventures-including corporate formation, corporate transactions, and intellectual property-is required.
• 5 years of legal experience is strongly preferred, as is experience representing and advising start-up, non-profit, and other entrepreneurial ventures.
• Prior clinical teaching experience is advantageous, but not essential.
• An interest in pursuing scholarly research, publication, and related scholarly activities is preferred.
Special Message to Applicants
All applications must be submitted online and must include:
• Application cover letter.
• Current and complete curriculum vitae.
• Statement of teaching philosophy.
• List of 3 references. We will contact the references for finalists only.
• Unofficial academic transcripts are required to submit application. Official transcripts will be required from finalists only.
Review of applications will begin upon receipt and continue until the position is filled.
Posting Date: 10/11/2018
Salary Posting Information: Competitive
Salary Band: N/A
Job Classification: faculty
To apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1314803
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.