Fox Rothschild LLP has an opening for a Conflicts Counsel position to join the Office of General Counsel. This position can reside in any of the Firm’s 22 offices.
The ideal candidate will have at least five years of ethics and/or conflicts clearing experience. Conflicts Counsel supports the firm's critical risk management function by coordinating the clearance of conflicts of interest for all new business and lateral attorneys. Conflicts Counsel analyzes conflict reports and existing waivers, identifies potential conflict issues, and supports billing attorneys and the General Counsel in the resolution of any issues. Conflicts Counsel also assists with the maintenance of the Firm’s Ethical Wall and conducts special projects as assigned.
Education, training, experience:
- J.D. required.
- Experience in a legal or conflict environment required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong service orientation.
- Strong evaluative and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of conflict of interest principles should include the ability to utilize research tools such as: Dun & Bradstreet, Lexis, Hoover's, and Edgar, LegalKEY Intapp Open and be able to interpret the data produced by those systems.
- Ability to determine when it is appropriate and/or necessary to escalate an issue to the General Counsel.
- Ability to utilize research tools and to interpret the data produced by those systems.
- Ability to apply the laws of professional responsibility in identifying and resolving actual and potential conflicts of interest.
We are currently not accepting resumes from search firms for this position. EOE.